Explore the world’s most thrilling snow adventures with the latest installment in Lonely Planet’s Epic series. From skiing British Columbia’s Coast Mountains to ice-caving in Iceland and splitboarding the mountains of Hokkaido in Japan, this book contains 50 first-person stories plus a further 150 route ideas. Whether you’re looking for an exciting single day activity or a long-distance trip across the slopes, this book has something for winter adventurers of all abilities.
Each of the featured adventures include:
– First-person accounts from writers who have completed the route
– Challenge level grading: easy / harder / epic
– Inspirational photography, maps and practical information to follow the writer’s journey
– Activity factbox: when is the best time to go, equipment hire information, how to get there, what to take
– Expert travel advice: where to stay, recommended detours, the best places to eat
– Suggestions for similar experiences
50 epic adventures, including:
– Skiing and snowboarding trips in classic resorts such as Aspen and Jackson Hole
– Backcountry ski adventures in the Selkirks of British Columbia
– Cross-country skiing in Quebec
– Family fun amongst the snow in Park City, Utah
-Telemark skiing in Norway
– Ice-caving in Iceland
– Ski touring the Haute Route through the French and Swiss Alps
– Snowmobiling in Svalbard
– Splitboarding in Hokkaido
– Freeriding Queenstown’s Coronet Peak in New Zealand
With a vibrant cover illustrated by Ross Murray, this beautiful hardback continues this collectible series. Whether you’re a seasoned skier or a traveler wanting to try a new winter sport, Epic Snow Adventures of the World will inspire a lifetime of shredding the snow.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world’s number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
Imprint: Lonely Planet
Publication date: 11/08/2023