Artists in Residence: Seventeen Artists and Their Living Spaces, from Giverny to Casa Azul
2 in stock
Author: Wyse, Melissa
Publication date: 04/02/2021
Imprint: Chronicle US
Illustrator: Lewis, Kate
\"I've ordered a few books about home over the past year [...] But none brought me more joy than a slim book [...] Artists in Residence, written by Melissa Wyse and illustrated by Kate Lewis.\" -Vanity Fair
This charmingly illustrated book invites readers to peer behind the closed doors of 17 legendary and contemporary artists' homes.
Peek inside Georgia O'Keeffe's adobe courtyards.
Stroll through Henri Matisse's vibrant aviary.
Peruse Jean-Michel Basquiat's collection of over 1,000 videotapes.
This book invites you inside some of the most creative and inspiring homes of all time. For the 17 artists profiled here, a house or an apartment is not simply a place to eat and sleep; they transform everyday spaces into dynamic reflections of their individual artistic passions. You will gain a deeper appreciation of your favorite artists' work and may just discover a new favorite. Richly illustrated throughout, this petite jacketed hardcover offers a fascinating and inspiring blend of art history, interior design, and armchair travel.
* DISTINCTIVE ILLUSTRATED APPROACH: While other books have explored the spaces that housed and inspired artists, they have been exclusively photographic. With vibrant illustrations, this book immerses readers in the atmosphere of each artist's home more than photos ever could.
* DIVERSE RANGE OF ARTISTS: The 17 artists profiled represent a diverse cross section of eras, countries, races, genders, and artistic styles-not to mention a wide range of homes, from a New York City apartment to a renovated English farmhouse.
* A FRIENDLY INVITATION TO ART HISTORY: With relatable prose and vibrant illustrations, this book is perfect for anyone looking to casually learn something new.
* INTERIOR DECOR INSPIRATION: Readers will surely walk away with ideas for crafting their own creative spaces after reading this book.
* Artists and art appreciators
* Art history buffs
* Interior decor lovers
* Travelers and armchair travelers
* Podcast listeners and blog readers
* Creatives in all industries
|Dimensions||229 × 152 mm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.